What is Flynt?
Flynt is a component based WordPress framework for development teams and their clients.
Developing websites can be a repetitive process. Flynt is a sustainable approach to website development and content management. Its component-based philosophy resides in 3 core principles:
- Singularity: Components are maintainable solutions to specific problems.
- Reusability: Components are reusable within and across projects.
- Predictability: The scope effects of changing component code or content can easily be foreseen.
The Flynt Framework consists of a collection of tools:
- Flynt Starter Theme: The official WordPress starter theme for building Flynt projects with all of our best practices.
- Flynt Core Plugin: The core building block powering the Flynt Framework.
- ACF Field Group Composer: A configuration builder for Advanced Custom Fields field groups.
- Flynt Docker Build: A docker build for quickly setting up and deploying Flynt projects.
- Flynt Yeoman Generator: A generator for quickly scaffolding Flynt content.
- Flynt CLI: Command line management for taking care of common Flynt tasks.
Resources / Next Steps
- Get started by setting up Flynt on your system.
- For a guided overview on the Flynt philosophy, watch the “Higher State of Componentness” screencast.
- Github is the best place to ask (and answer!) technical questions.